Our skills and expertise can support building understanding in literacy development in your educators in a wide range of areas supporting the Teaching and Learning Cycle.
We focus on building upon educators’ knowledge and providing them with tools and skills to enhance their confidence when teaching literacy.
The aim of the professional development sessions and workshops are:
- To build on educators’ capacity in literacy
- To understand the importance of oral language and the direct link it has in developing literacy readiness
- To create intentional teaching moments to develop literacy awareness in young children
- To promote language and literacy development through play and exploration experiences by effective questioning and prompting techniques
- To provide powerful learning opportunities to enhance the design of the curriculum.
A range of professional development sessions to support the continuous learning of educators and support staff in the early years can be designed, including:
- Communication and language
- Promoting authentic learning opportunities
- Exploring rich and authentic conversations with children where the focus is on “where to next”
- Effective questioning strategies that promote conversations and language development
- Literacy and Language in the early years
- Developing literacy readiness
- Developing the 5 fundamentals for literacy development
- The importance of play to promote language development
- Promoting literacy learning through intentional teaching and reflective practices.
At Building Literacy, we are passionate about providing all children with the confidence, skills and strategies to achieve success in their learning, particularly with regard to literacy development. In order for this to occur, it is essential that we provide opportunities to build continuous improvement in educators and develop their knowledge and capacity to work confidently when working with young children.
Frameworks and funding
At Building Literacy, we will work collaboratively to identify key learning outcomes to tailor workshops to meet your centre’s needs based on your Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) in accordance with the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and the National Quality Framework and National Quality Standards.
Building Literacy can support you and your staff to build continuous improvement in learning outcomes, principles and practice in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework.
We align our practices with current and up to date evidence based research, best practice teaching and learning, current initiatives, programs and essential curriculum documentation, frameworks and policies at a national, state, region and centre based level.
Contact us for more information about how we can grow your educators, and your students.